The Outreach Subcommittee meets to discuss issues related to unserved and underserved populations, monitors and evaluates the capacity building grant opportunities, and promotes and reviews Pat Figueroa Young Adult Sponsorships.
CBILCO "How-To" Manuals
Capacity Building Independent Living Center Opportunity grants address outreach to unserved/underserved populations. The CBILCO projects have developed "How-To" manuals which will allow others to learn and potentially replicate program models based on their experiences.
2015 NYSILC Needs Assessment Report
The New York State Independent Living Council, Inc. (NYSILC) Needs Assessment Committee (NAC), facilitated by consultant Alan Krieger of Krieger Solutions, spent six months compiling the data into the following needs assessment reports to help identify needs important to New Yorkers with disabilities and the Statewide Independent Living network. It will help guide input and need for the formulation of the next three-year Statewide Plan for Independent Living (SPIL).
Links to Report:
- 2015 NYSILC Needs Assessment Report - Word
- 2015 NYSILC Needs Assessment Report - PDF
- 2012 NYSILC Needs Assessment Report - Word
- 2012 NYSILC Needs Assessment Report - PDF
Best Practices Webinar
The New York State Independent Living Council (NYSILC) held a Best Practice Webinar on September 23, 2014 to highlight the following Statewide Plan for Independent Living (SPIL) projects and the outreach populations they served:
- ARISE - veterans with disabilities
- Capital District Center for Independence (CDCI) - healthy lifestyles for people with disabilities
- Center for Disability Rights (CDR) – deaf and deaf/blind Support Service Provider (SSP)
- Center for Independence of the Disabled (CIDNY) – youth with disabilities
- North Country Center for Independence (NCCI) - veterans with disabilities.
The webinar was hosted by the New York Association on Independent Living (NYAIL). Archive documents related to the projects and the event: